Sunday, June 6, 2010

we shall overcome

The title's kind of cheesey, but I'm cheesey.
This weekend was full of me overcoming my styling fears. Twice this weekend I did something (that to many people may not seem like a big deal) that I would NEVER do. I (a) put my hair up with a cute outfit on IN PUBLIC ! and
(b) wore a tank top in public WITHOUT a cardigan.

I didn't get a proper photo of my outfit from Saturday, even though it was really cute.

Skirt: American Apparel | Both Tanks: Old Navy | Cardigan: WalMart | Shoes: Toms

On Saturday, I went to the Tambura Lovers Extravaganza !
Tambura or Tamburitza is a type of music that is popular in Croatia and other Balkan Countries. I'm Croatian, so I go to festivals and dances a lot. It's an important part of my life, and I always embrace my heritage.
I'm in a Croatian Dance group, called the Kolo Club Marian (look at our facebook page!) and we perform traditional dances and songs from Croatia. It's a lot of fun, and you should look into the music and culture.

That is one of the bands that played on Saturday, and they're called Zadnja Stanica meaning "last station."
I know all the guys in the band, and the one in the middle front row is my dance teacher ! I've known him all my life and he's one of my favorite people ever.

ANYWAY - GETTING BACK TO FASHION (as if this post isn't long enough)

This is what I wore today:

Everything is from Old Navy, except for the shoes (Toms) and the necklace (I can't remember).
DETAILS:


I love these shoes! They're so comfortable and they look awesome with everything.
And for every pair you buy, they donate a pair to a child in need! Toms.com

I wear this necklace every day. I continue to add charms to it whenever I get them.
In order: Autism Awareness Ribbon, Red and White Croatian Grb, Grey Scale Croatian Grb, Silver "N" (that my dance teacher and his family got for me for my sweet 16), Peace Sign

ALSO ! If you're a plus-size blogger, join the livejournal community Epaisse !
Here's a link to Gazel's post about it.
Here's a link to the community.

4 comments:

  1. I'm Croatian too, and I did the dancing and everything too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP ! that's so awesome.
    do they have festivals and stuff by where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit with the shorts is too cute, I like the sparkly Toms too! :D

    ReplyDelete